Friday, November 12, 2004

Hey, Mr. Nation-Builder...

... how many freaking countries are you going to create?
``I intend to use the next four years to spend the capital of the United States on such a state,'' Bush said. ``I believe it is in the interests of the world that such a truly free state develop. I know it is in the interest of the Palestinian people.''
Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Palestine. Hey,maybe if you'd STARTED with a serious effort in Palestine, we might not have all these countries to repair, or, you know, create now.

If I thought this statement was anything but the same blather Bush spouted four years ago when he first called for a Palestinian state, I might be worried about how our crack State Department leadership might be able to spare attention from the other rolling catastrophes in the Middle East, but since it's mere rhetoric from a president mesmerized by Ariel Sharon, I'm sure we'll see a blue ribbon panel shortly to look into the whole matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home